Here are the weekly accountability questions we use in our Men’s Accountability & Recovery small group. Because the questions were generally written for married heterosexual men, I’ve adjusted them for myself and to be a bit more inclusive:
1. Have you acted out in an inappropriate manner sexually since we last spoke?
2. Have you:
– Viewed sexually inappropriate movies/tv/media?
– Visited inappropriate sexual websites on the internet?
– Read any inappropriate/pornographic material?
– Visited an Adult Video/Book Store?
– Participated in Adult Chat Rooms on the internet (or inappropriate texting or instant messaging?)
– Visited a massage parlor, strip bar, gay bar, escort, prostitute?
– Fantasized about sexual situations bringing arousal?
– Flirted with anyone other than your spouse? (or significant other if dating?)
3. Have you masturbated since we talked last? How long has it been since you did?
4. What are some temptations/battles you have faced?
5. What are some victories you have had since we last talked?
6. Have you been reading GOD’S WORD daily since we last talked? Are you reading any daily devotionals?
7. How’s your eyes been since we last spoke? Are you BOUNCING your eyes? Explain.
8. How’s your mind been since we last spoke? Are you CAPTURING your thoughts? Explain.
9. Have you met with or talked to your accountability partner this week? Have you called any group members in the last week?
10. How’s your daily PRAYER TIME been? Have you prayed for family, friends, and group members?
11. What thoughtful things have you done for your spouse lately? Any marital successes? (If not married, family? friends? If dating, significant other?)
12. What have you done for rest and relaxation this past week?
13. How can we pray for you?
In addition to these questions, we always clarify that our answers have been truthful and are reminded of two key scripture verses:
“I have made a covenant with my eyes.” (Job 31:1)
“Flee from sexual immorality… You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)
Each person goes through these each week. If we miss a week, we cover the time since we were last there. It is a very helpful process. These questions work well in a group or just for accountability partners. Feel free to adapt them for your needs. I hope they are helpful…